Air Ducts/Dryer Vent
AIR DUCT PROCEDURES:
1. All vent covers and registers with supply and return ducts will be cleaned and sanitized (sporiciden EPA-approved).
2. Decontamination machines with negative airflow for pollen, dirt, mold and bacteria will be used. Machines have one pre-filter, one electrostatic filter and one HEPA filter, all to prevent contaminated items from being in the ambient indoor air.
3. All decontamination machines are updated every three years by Air-Care, a top air duct equipment company in the U.S.
4. A rotating brush on a 35-foot cable and a 50-foot cable will run through each duct to help remove dirt, mold, pollen and bacteria. This step is taken while the negative air machine is running.
5. All plenums will be sanitized and vacuumed.
6. Vacuums used for cleaning are fitted with HEPA filtration to help prevent cross contamination of the ambient air.
7. Drop cloths will be used near vents and work areas.
8. All techs have no less than five years of training in air quality control and air duct cleaning.
9. National Air Duct Cleaner Association standards will be used. We are a member of the Indoor Air Quality Association
10. Chemicals and detergents with sanitizers used are EPA-approved and are standard for the cleaning industry.
- Clothing does not dry completely after a normal drying cycle.
- Drying time for clothing takes longer than 35 to 40 minutes
- A musty odor is noticed in the clothing following the drying cycle.
- Clothing seems unusually hot to the touch after a complete drying cycle or outside of the dryer is also hot to the touch.
- The dryer vent hood flap does not properly open as it is designed to do during the operation of the dryer.
- Debris is noticed within the outside dryer vent opening.
- Excessive heat is noticed within the room in which the dryer is being operated.
- Large amounts of lint accumulate in the lint trap for the dryer during operation.
- A visible sign of lint and debris is noticed around the lint filter for the dryer.
- Excessive odor is noticed from dryer sheets that are used during the drying cycle.